Become Part of the Royston Tapestry
- Friday 26 February, 1 – 3pm – Meet the artists – hear about the project, listen to the story, find out about being involved and movement workshops
- Saturday 27 February, 10am – 12pm ‘How to film’ workshop
- Friday 5 March, 1 – 3pm – Dance and Film workshop
- Friday 12 March, 1 – 3pm Movement workshops
- Friday 19 March, 1 – 3pm Dance and Animation workshop
- Saturday 17 April, 10am -12pm – Family workshop using silhouette to create your own film
Suitable for All ages including family groups and individuals – adults, children and young people all welcome
Take part in a series of dance, storytelling and animation workshops that will become a dance and animation film interpreting the stories woven into the tapestry. Filming will be done by you at home and captured on Zoom. The film will be submitted to international animation festivals and contribute to research and development to tour a workshop package to further community centres in the future.
This project is part of a wider, cross-district project in Hertfordshire Museums, A-MUSE, engaging people with their local museum through creative dance and storytelling workshops. The project is managed by BEEE Creative CIO, delivered in partnership with professional artists Carrie Washington (dance), Shaun Clark (animator), Chris Laice (scriptwriter) and Royston Museum and supported by Arts Council England.
How to book: Admission is FREE but advance booking is essential via the following link: https://forms.gle/Sm5Vd1kzjHzGHiNT9
For more information or assistance booking, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us at email@example.com