Watford Colosseum, Rickmansworth Road, Watford, WD17 3JN
Sunday 8 March 2020, 10:00am – 5:00pm
No experience is necessary.
All abilities welcome - participation can be standing, seated or supported.
Advance booking is essential. Choose one of four booking options:
1. INDIVIDUAL: TASTER WORKSHOPS - Take part in a selection of three workshops including Popping, Jive, and Contemporary. Also includes watching live performances. Open to adults aged 55+. Free to attend.
2. INDIVIDUAL: DANCE IN A DAY - Spend the day with professional local choreographer, Kate Flatt. You will work together to create a short performance piece that you will then perform on stage at the Watford Colosseum at the end of the day. Open to adults aged 55+. Free to attend.
3. GROUP BOOKING: PERFORMANCE GROUP
- Existing dance groups (for older adults) can come to perform at the event. As a group you will receive one workshop, a 20-minute rehearsal slot and the opportunity to perform your own dance at the Watford Colosseum. Free to attend. Email Carrie Washington for more information about this option: email@example.com
4. PERFORMANCE TICKET ONLY - The Festival will end with a performance at Watford Colosseum between 4 - 5pm. This is open to the general public of all ages to attend - a grand finale to celebrate dance in Hertfordshire for the Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020. Free to attend - tickets to be booked direct with Watford Colosseum.
Contact Carrie Washington by email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about getting involved.
Dance Re:Ignite is managed by BEEE Creative CIC. It is supported by an Arts Council England Project Grant and Hertfordshire Music Service, Watford Borough Council, Dacorum Borough Council, Welwyn Hatfield Council and County Councillor Locality/Community budgets. It has been produced in collaboration with Herts Sports Partnership, Dacorum Community Dance, The Old Town Hall Hemel Hempstead and Saracens Sports Foundation.
(Photo credit: Simon Richardson)
See what happened in the Festival 2017: